Sunday, January 27, 2019

I'm Back

I'M BAAACCK!!!

Ok, so here's the deal.  I stopped blogging back in 2013 and since then a lot of life has happened, sold a business, started another one, changed jobs, was blessed with a grand baby, experienced heart break that caused me literal pain, over came and soldiered on.  Many times over the past few years I have considered starting this blog back up but with my current job I was concerned about any repercussions for voicing my opinion on any manner of thing.  And then it hit me that the President of the United States has social media, and there doesn't seem to be any repercussions for his use of it or him expressing his opinion so let's give it a shot, shall we?

So today Joe and I went to Barnes and Noble so that he could use a gift card that he received for Christmas.  Is there anything better than a bookstore? If when I die, I wind up in a bookstore, I will know that I have arrived in heaven.  I had a joke here about how I would know that I had taken a wrong turn but it seems that I am still censoring myself just in case, but trust me it was funny.  Before we left I asked our son if he wanted to come with us, he considered it for a moment but once I mentioned that we were going to the bookstore it was a hard pass.  We tend to spend a considerable amount of time at bookstores, because for us it isn't a shopping experience it is more like a walking meditation.  There aren't many sections at the bookstore that don't pique my interest.  As I search the hobby section I wonder what new thing I can learn today, as I search the philosophy and self-help section I wonder about the person I can become, and if I just don't want to be me for awhile I can always escape into any manner of fiction book and become someone else for awhile.  So many books, so many ideas, but such limited funds.  Shoot!  Today I liberated two books for myself...a Get Your Sh*t Together Journal and You Do You, both by Sarah Knight.  I'll try to follow up once I've read them, but I expect between our current therapy regimen and these books I will definitely be ready to take over the world in a matter of weeks, so you have that to look forward to.

After touching every book in Barnes and Noble, twice, we headed for sustenance.  Mmmmm, Freebirds.  Then we made a quick pitstop at Michael's ( the craft store) so that I could pick up a small embroidery hoop for a new hobby that I'm attempting because apparently one million unfinished craft projects isn't enough.  Ahem, any way, I had to walk down every aisle even though I just went after one item because it's the rule.  I don't make the rules, I just follow them.  And as I start to head down the next aisle I encounter Influenza Iris.  This lady, and I use that term loosely because she is NO lady, is coughing her damn head off.  Which, fine, it happens but this lady is coughing full force just open mouth onto everything.  She didn't even attempt to cover her mouth, no turning her head into her shoulder, nothing!  So Iris got to keep everything on that aisle to herself because no ma'am, I don't need no flu with my arts and crafts.  I actually made it out only spending $2.05 so maybe I have Iris to thank for that. Thank you Iris!

Made it home before dark which our son had jokes about but here we are.  I spit this out onto the page with very little editing and even less forethought so hopefully this will be more coherent in the future or maybe I'll just stop doing it all together again, only time will tell.  My love to you all!

1 comment:

  1. Who has time for old hobbies when there are so many new ones to start?! Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete