Thursday, October 17, 2013

A Light in the Darkness

      After Damon went missing I was sad and angry for a long time.  And then one day I came across a blog that made me laugh.  And I felt so guilty.  But underneath that guilt I felt a tickle of happiness in the pit of my stomach.  And I craved that, that lightness, that joy.  So I devoured that blog, reading through the archives until eventually I had to wait for the author to write another.  That stranger gave me back so much that I didn't even know was missing.  And I will forever be thankful to her.  

      Once again I find myself in a dark place.  A dear friend has suffered a tragedy and I feel helpless.  I'm having a hard time processing it.  I learned a long time ago not to ask "Why?" because many times there just isn't a logical answer to that question. And while I honestly believe that everything happens for a reason, there have been a handful of times that have made me question that belief.  And I have yet to come up with the answer to those situations.

      So for now I will try doing what that stranger from so long ago did for me, I will try to spread laughter and light.  I will keep surrounding those around with me with love and hope that it is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment