Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Savor the Little Things

My absolute favorite part of the day, every single day, is sitting in bed with my husband at night.  He on his phone or reading a book and I on my phone or watching Netflix.  And here comes my favorite part...he will reach over and place a hand on my back or my arm and gently stroke it.  Nope that doesn't sound right, I even used a thesaurus to try and find the right word.  Not rub, not massage, not stroke.  Well anyway, he will reach over and place a hand on my back.  And even though we are each doing our own thing, in our own little world, it's like we're connected.  The rest of the world just drops away.  Everything bad that happened that day is forgotten and everything good that happened is multiplied.  And I feel so loved in that moment, it always brings a smile to my face.

But then fast forward approximately 8 hours...when I roll over to get up in the morning and he reaches over to do the same thing.  And I could rip his arm off and beat him to death with it.  It is amazing to me what a lack of sleep will do to a person.  I've never been a great sleeper.  When I was younger I didn't need a lot of sleep but now I have a hard time falling asleep and once I do fall asleep I can't stay asleep.  Oh, and did I mention that I'm not a morning person?  The only time I am a morning person is when I'm on vacation.  Every other morning just leave me be.  When I used to waitress I had a rule for the other waiters not to talk to me until noon.  If they tried, I would just point to my wrist where a figurative watch resided.

All of this to say that I adore my husband but God help him in the morning.

1 comment:

  1. I am dying laughing! Bless both our husbands for dealing with all our crazy and loving us anyway!

    ReplyDelete